This integrated IO visualization tool called 3D MicroCT/Microscopy Volume Renderer --- 3D MMVR ---- does direct volume rendering using ray casting, a true volumetric representation of the data. Ray casting preserves detail and allows for the quick adjustment of opacities. MMVR allows you to experience actual data in a completely unique way. You can look into structures and see what happens inside. We are very excited to offer this unique experience to the lung community, now much easier to access--just click and the tool opens in a new browser window!
Here is a manual describing usage of the tool and basic video tutorials are available below.
Connect to 3D MMVR and select dataset
Available data to explore include:
PEDIATRIC HUMAN CT FROM HUMAN TISSUE CORE
About these samples: The lungs arrived with trachea occluded by tie or staple. The trachea was opened and intubated with an endotracheal tube (ETT) which was then held in place with a plastic zip tie. The ETT was attached to a T=piece resuscitator (Neopuff) and inflated with air (21% oxygen) to 25 cm H20 pressure. The lungs were kept cold and moist in a plastic bag on ice. A CT scan was performed at this steady distending pressure, with the lungs lying supine on a bed of cotton in as close to anatomical position as could be maintained. All data are in DICOM file structure.
- Human Donor D004 - 5 day old human male lung
- Human Donor D016 - 9 year old human male lung
- Human Donor D011 - 20 month old human female lung
- Human Donor D018 - 3 year old human female lung
- Human Donor D024 - 4 month old human male lung
- Human Donor D038 - 1 day old human female lung
C57 black 6 Mouse (C57BL/6) MicroCT
About these samples: P07, P21 and P28 lungs were perfusion fixed and dried at 20 cm H2O airway pressure and 30 cm H2O vascular pressure using a modified Hoffman protocol, scanned at 2.7 micron nominal resolution using a Bruker 1172 Skyscan microCT, reconstructed using the proprietary Bruker software based on the Feldkamp algorithm. All data are in DICOM file structure.
- Mouse Donor Adult - lung treated with 4 doses of intratracheal annexin V at a normal human physiological level of 7.5 ng per dose demonstrates microCT appearance indistinguishable from controls. Lungs perfusion fixed at 25 cm H2O airway pressure by cardiac puncture, scanned at a nominal resolution of 6 um using a Bruker Skyscan microCT, reconstructed using the proprietary Bruker software based on the Feldkamp algorithm.
- Mouse Donor P07C006 - Stage post-natal day 7 mouse lung
- Mouse Donor P21C002 - Stage post-natal day 21 mouse lung
- Mouse Donor P28C005 - Stage post-natal day 28 mouse lung
Access 3D MMVR
Select a dataset below to access the 3D MMVR tool.Human Donor D004 - 5 day old human male, CT scan of lungs lying supine Human Donor D016 - 9 year old human male, CT scan of lungs lying supine Human Donor D011 - 20 month old human female, CT scan Human Donor D018 - 3 year old human female, CT scan Human Donor D024 - 4 month old human male, CT scan Human Donor D038 - 1 day old human female, CT scan Adult C57 - black-6 Mouse - adult lung, microCT P07 C57 - black 6 Mouse - 7 day old lung, microCT P21 C57 - black 6 Mouse- 21 day old lung, microCT P28 C57 - black 6 Mouse- 28 day old lung, microCT